Best Christmas/New Year MP3 Gifts

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS--PART II

January 3, 2005

In my last blog I had written about New Year Resolutions and how to make them. In this entry I will give some New Year Resolutions. Of course, yours would and should be completely different from them. But they are good examples on which you could base your New Year Resolutions.

You would observe that I do not give simple ten or twenty or hundred resolutions. I, of course, give ten resolutions, but I also give Three Greatest, Ten Affirmations/Imageries, Ten Blessings, Ten Do’s, and Ten Don’ts. These deepen and reinforce New Year Resolutions. These could be considered as tackling a problem from different angles. For example, to learn something, we may read it, write it, attend a lecture, listen it on an audio tape, may be see a video on the subject, and ask a friend to ask questions on the subject to test our understanding.

You should, if possible, make separate resolutions for your official or job life and for your personal life. Your aims for your official life and personal life would be different. In many cases the resolutions for official life may be very simple—do your work efficiently and hang on there! It is in your personal life that you would be aiming for paramount changes. In your official life you may be a machine operator but in your personal life you may be striving hard for becoming a writer. These resolutions are geared to some such scenario. Very few lucky persons may be doing the same thing for their profession or occupation for which they have real passion in life. For such persons also these resolutions would be appropriate.

These resolutions seem formidable. They are not intended to be perfected hundred percent. They show the possibilities. Whatever you achieve would suffice. Just give an honest try.

These resolutions are written for a person who is doing some job but who wants to become a great writer. You may want to become a great player, an artist, or a web designer. Modify them to suit you. Also, you could modify them during the year on review also.

Here are the resolutions:

[GREATEST AIM, PASSION, AND ASSET]

My greatest aim in life is happiness, success, and health.
My greatest passion in life is daily writing, writing and writing.
My greatest asset in life is hard work, discipline, and self-control.

[AIMS FOR THE YEAR, 2005]
(These are the main resolutions)

I will establish myself as a writer.
I will write 3 books, and one each of collection of stories, poems, and articles.
I will get published and win competitions.
I will make a circle of writer friends and make or become member of local writer’s club/association.
I will read great literature and books and articles on how to write.
I will lessen my involvement in activities which are not related to my main aim of writing.
I will try to become a full time writer.
I will take care of my health.
I will give quality time to my family.
I will be happy, successful, and healthy.

[DAILY TEN BLESSINGS]
(If you pray, ask God for these blessings. If not, visualize that you have already got them or you are striving after getting them.)

Peace of mind.
Happiness.
Good luck.
Success.
Health.
Discipline.
Hard work.
Self control.
Love.
Focus.

[DAILY TEN AFFIRMATIONS/IMAGERIES]

(These are to be repeated as and when possible, especially just after getting up in the morning and just before retiring for the day in the night.)

1. I am so successful in my greatest aim in life of happiness, success, and health that I am always happy, successful, and healthy.
2. I am so successful in my greatest passion in life of writing, writing and writing that I am writing daily and copiously and have become the greatest writer of the world.
3. I am so successful in relying upon my greatest asset in life that I am hard working, disciplined, and self-controlled.
4. I am able to daily follow/seek the Three Greatest, Daily Ten Blessings, Daily Ten Affirmations/Imagery, Daily Ten Do’s and Daily Ten Don’ts.
5. I am in extremely good health and getting healthier and healthier and younger and younger day by day.
6. I have extra-ordinary mental and spiritual development and I am always focused, positive, and persistent.
7. I am constantly being published; my books are becoming best sellers and I am winning contests/competitions and awards.
8. God, family and friends, and people in general, are my well wishers and supporters
9. Today I will be/was hard working, self-disciplined and self-controlled.
10. Today I will be writing/wrote.

[DAILY TEN DO’S]
(Make them your daily routines)

Get up at fixed time and sleep at fixed time.
(Some people like to get up early, some work late. Fix the time according to what suits you best.)
Follow the Greatest Three and Daily Ten Blessings, Daily Ten Affirmations/Imageries; Daily Ten Do’s, and Daily Ten Don’ts.
Do short prayer or meditation after getting up; short prayer or meditation before retiring.
(Repeat and do imagery of Three Greatest, Daily Tens; plan/review day; and order unconscious mind.)
4. Morning write; evening write.
5. Morning exercise/walk; evening exercise/ walk.
(Combine exercise/walk with thinking about writing.)
6. Day write or related work.
(It means that during the day also get some time to devote to your passion in life, even if your occupation is something different.)
7. Eat well and variety of foods; drink lots of water.
Be active, play games, swim, remain outdoors.
Constantly keep thinking and planning about writing ideas.
10. Follow time management and optimization techniques.

[DAILY TEN DON’TS]

Don’t neglect New Year Resolutions. If defaulted, immediately start following them again instead of losing heart or putting them off to next day, next week , next month, or next year.
Don’t waste time, especially on TV, emails, or unfocussed internet surfing, or on useless parties, outings, etc.
Don’t waste energy on unimportant activities.
Don’t be negative. pessimistic, and mournful.
Don’t over eat or drink and don’t eat unhealthy food.
Don’t neglect personal affairs.
Don’t neglect family and good friends.
Don’t take undue risks.
Don’t ever hurry or worry.
Don’t neglect rules of happiness, success and health.

Well these are some suggested Resolutions. Refine and revise them. However, guard against ‘paralysis of analysis’. Be practical rather than theoretical. Anybody can make perfect Resolutions. Few can follow them. Be one of those few.

Be Happy! Be Successful! Be Healthy!

With regards,

Yours sincerely,

Gus


Next entry: New Year Resolutions—III (How to keep them.)

No comments: